Whether you are new to ICS or have been with us for many years, we want you to know that we are over-joyed to have your family as part of the ICS Family!
We are going to have a great year in Sunday School and I’m so glad your child(ren) will be with us as we get to know one another and as we learn and grow closer to God!
This year we will continue to use the “Kids Sunday School” curriculum, taught by our wonderful volunteers and parents. We offer the following groups based on ages.
- Explorers, 8-11 Years
- Adventurers, 4-7 Years
- Nursery, 0-3 Years
The kids will have opportunities to participate in special events throughout the year that will allow them to use their talents, gifts, and energy…all while have a great time with their friends!
We hope ICS is a place your kids will LOVE to be!
Children’s Ministry Coordinator and Contact Information:
If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns please feel free to contact the Children’s Coordinator.
071 972 233 (cell)
Expectations of Children
We want to provide the children with a healthy, safe, spiritual environment that allows them to grow in Christ. We will encourage the children to live out a life that honors and pleases God.
Pre-Kindergarten through 5th grade Expectations:
- Show respect to others.
- Show self -control in all situations.
- Show kindness and helpfulness to others.
- Listen when others talk.
- Follow directions.
Discipline During Sunday School
We hope that all children will enjoy their time at ICS; however, there are times when disciplinary actions are needed. We utilize a 3-step progressive discipline approach with the ultimate goal to keep or return the children in all activities. Below are a few basic guidelines that we will follow.
Step 1: When a child moves outside established guidelines, a verbal warning will be given.
Step 2: When a child moves outside established guidelines a second time, the child will be pulled aside and a 2nd verbal warning will be given along with a restating of the guideline that has been broken. Many times this is the maximum amount of discipline needed.
Step 3: If after the above two steps have been taken, the child continues to choose “Out-of-Bounds” behavior, then the child will be returned back to service to sit with their parents.
Guidelines and Procedures
- Children ages 4-11 years old will remain in Service with their parents for the praise and worship portion of Service after which they will be dismissed to Sunday School.
- Nursery workers will be ready to receive children 0-3 years old by 10:00 am, in the nursery. The nursery workers will be available to care for your child(ren) until 11:30 am so that you can enjoy a cup of coffee and conversation after Service.
- Please provide disposable diapers and wipes for the time that your child is in the nursery.
- Snacks will be provided for the children, usually juice and crackers/cookies or fruit. Please indicate food allergies on your child’s registration form so that we can accommodate their needs. If you feel more comfortable, you can provide your own snack for your child.
- Explorers and Adventurers classes will be dismissed at the end of Service. Please be aware that child care workers will NOT accompany the children to the playground after Service.
- We request that you refrain from bringing your child to Sunday School if the child has a temperature greater than 99.5 degrees (37.5 C), has a rash, any viral or bacterial infection, sore throat/strep, head or body lice, pink eye, or if diarrhea or vomiting is present. If your child becomes ill during church, you will be contacted via cell phone or retrieved from Service so that the child can be removed from the classroom.
- The success of the children’s ministry is dependent upon the volunteers and parents. We look forward to finding a place for you. There is always a need for teachers and substitute teachers.
- If you have any questions about anything related to Children’s Ministry, contact the Coordinator.
To see or download the PDF please click here.